This episode we get together to discuss a variety of topics, ultimately centring around the seeming decline of popular culture into endless sequels and entertainment-by-algorithm. Where did it all go wrong, and why are so many of us still comfort-eating the shit out of it?
In the wake of the Golden Globes and the release of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood we pause to reflect on why so many contemporary films and TV shows are so unconvincing. In a world saturated by ‘cultural content’, are we (and the actors themselves) becoming trapped in a hall of mirrors, constantly trying to be self-referential rather than capturing the moment as it unfolds? Culture by algorithm is a shitty way to live, and we reflect instead on the joys of the artistic creations that we’ve loved and lost ourselves in.
- The disturbing story of Britain’s most prolific rapist
- What are ‘Type A’ and ‘Type B’ personalities – and do they matter?
- Why Jon is considering doing a nude photoshoot
- Andrea’s distaste for The Rock
- Realising you’re not everyone’s cup of tea
Get In Touch!
- Discuss the episode over on our Facebook Discussion Group
- And you can find us on Instagram and Twitter
- Or email us: email@example.com