Now you know the Laws, but which ones should you put into practice first? And what are the underlying themes which bind them together? How can we truly practise the Laws in order to achieve mastery?
This is a Special Episode that brings you the most important insights from our in-depth exploration of The 48 Laws of Power AND gives you exclusive access to our new companion book to Robert Greene’s masterpiece.
Sensing the spirit of the times is always important and we reveal how to crest the wave of the moment and then get the hell out of the way before the saturation point in which every trend dies.
We show how to move beyond crude dualities and learn the ultimate flow-power of being able to simultaneously hold contradictory opinions. This is the next level shit that means you always have room to manoeuvre, no matter what life and other people throw your way.
We also dig into psychological tricks like ‘gaslighting’, how to craft charisma and dominate a room; and even how to get people to change their minds by supporting them. In complementary fashion, we untangle the tricks we play on ourselves when we over-promise (even in good faith), the power of keeping your mouth shut, plus the return of #AccidentalPower!
There’s also time to beat up heavily on Ned Stark, hear some disturbing revelations about Italian cuisine, and delve into Dre’s plans to defeat his arch-nemesis, Elon Musk.
This Episode Includes:
- Crafting your internal world to ultimately shape the external world
- How to introduce yourself with true confidence
- Why you must set clear personal boundaries
- The Edge of Incompetence: What it is and how it’s shaping everything you do
- What ‘going all in’ really means and how to avoid being crushed when it fucks up
- Personal Codes and why we need them
- Becoming your own source of stability in turbulent times
- Why Power and sailing are almost the same thing
Mentioned in the Episode:
- The wonderful world of Rick and Morty
- Our book, The 48 Laws of Power in Practice, available from the publisher and from Amazon
- The terrifying Grim Reaper Drone
- Terry Pratchett’s Hogfather
- Our exclusive and mind-expanding interview with Cory Allen
- Ryan Holiday’s takedown of speed readers – You’re Doing It Wrong
- Jon’s Ayahuasca vlog series
- Captain Picard’s life-changing insight
- ‘Everybody’s dead, Dave’
CHALLENGES: Take the knowledge you’ve gleaned from this series and actually go and practise it in real life. Get yourself a copy of our companion book (either by signing up to our mailing list, or buying a copy from the publisher, and take the most important steps of your life: the journey towards personal power.
Be silly. Be kind. Be weird.
Join us as we continue our 48 Laws of Power review, exploring Robert Greene’s provocative and compelling book, in which he lays bare the history, practice, psychology, and philosophies of power that ultimately shape all human relations. Often seen as a handbook for the ‘modern Machiavelli’, we take a closer look, beyond the hyperbole, and discuss how understanding and implementing these Laws can actually enrich your life personally, professionally and spiritually.
Jon and Dre aim to get to the heart of each of the Laws, grapple with their sometimes disturbingly amoral nature, and discuss what the Laws mean in everyday life (often revealing their own experiences – good and bad – when they’ve either observed or transgressed them).