A special episode where we break down what happened in Channel 4’s recent controversial interview with Dr Jordan Peterson, a clinical psychologist whose statements about free speech, gender roles, and the ‘crisis of masculinity’ have made him an unwilling hero of the alt-right and a hate figure for the left.
We’ve got a bone to pick with both parties in this debate – Peterson himself and Channel 4’s interviewer, Cathy Newman, including:
- Why Peterson’s approach is flawed and isn’t going to convince the people he’s trying to win over
- Free speech and language policing
- Was Newman playing a role, or simply too dim to understand Peterson’s arguments?
- Why offending people is crucial to all social progress
- How to have effective, healthy debate, but without expecting too much from it
Find Out More:
- The original Channel 4 interview
- Jordan Peterson’s response after the interview
- Jordan Peterson’s book, 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos