Sex and seduction, politics and warfare… This episode has all of that and more!
Disagreements emerge as Jon and Dre discuss the Third Law of Power and what it means to put up a smokescreen and keep honesty in lockdown, including:
- Sex and deception… Can you have one without the other?
- How honesty can ruin relationships
- Creating a smokescreen to hide your true desires
- Why exposing your emotions is like exposing your body
- Control your face or lose your power
- Letting your audience complete the performance for you – revel in their uncertainty
- How honesty can be a blunt instrument, hurting more than it helps anyone
- Why seduction and warfare are almost the same thing
Join us as we continue our exploration of Robert Greene’s provocative and compelling study of the [easyazon_link identifier=”0140280197″ locale=”US” tag=”vointhda-20″ cart=”y” localize=”y”]48 Laws of Power[/easyazon_link], in which he lays bare the history, practice, psychology, and philosophies of power that ultimately shape all human relations. Often seen as a handbook for the ‘modern Machiavelli’, we take a closer look, beyond the hyperbole, and discuss how understanding and implementing these Laws can actually enrich your life personally, professionally and spiritually.
Jon and Dre aim to get to the heart of each of the Laws, grapple with their sometimes disturbingly amoral nature, and discuss what the Laws mean in everyday life (often revealing their own experiences – good and bad – when they’ve either observed or transgressed them).
Mentioned in the Episode:
- Neil Strauss’s brutally honest and brilliantly written [easyazon_link identifier=”0060898763″ locale=”US” tag=”vointhda-20″]The Truth: An Uncomfortable Book About Relationships[/easyazon_link]
- Robert Greene’s superb (and occasionally disturbing) [easyazon_link identifier=”1861977697″ locale=”US” tag=”vointhda-20″]The Art of Seduction[/easyazon_link].
- The classic Scottish drink aware ad on how not to chat someone up.
- Putin and the Nightwolves.
- Alan Moore’s graphic novel, [easyazon_link identifier=”1401245250″ locale=”US” tag=”vointhda-20″]Watchmen[/easyazon_link], plus the [easyazon_link identifier=”B0091XI9LE” locale=”US” tag=”vointhda-20″]movie[/easyazon_link].
[kleo_button title=”SUBSCRIBE on iTunes” href=”http://bit.ly/VintheD” style=”default” size=”lg” icon=”music” type=”app_button”]
Each of these original T-Shirts includes an elegantly presented quotation illustrating the Law.
Law 3: ‘The world wants to be deceived’ – Søren Kierkegaard (1813-1855)